Learn About My Career So Far
As a software developer with a strong business background, I've spent my career listening to users and customers and delivering solutions that meet their needs AND company objectives.
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT & WEB DEVELOPER
- Developing sections of new website for library organization using Joomla.
- Created entirely new website for non-profit using Joomla.
- Automated status reporting for Support department of growing start-up.
- Provided guidance and support to families with children who are deaf/hard of hearing. Utilized SalesForce to manage workflow.
Career Sabbatical to Raise Children
- Managed care and education of children born with progressive hearing losses.
- Educated self rapidly in hearing loss, hearing technologies, and ASL.
- Achieved acceptance and support from school staff throughout IEP process to provide appropriate accommodations, education, and follow through.
- Organizing committee for Deaf/Hard of Hearing Family Camp (6 years).
- School volunteer, including managing class websites (9 years).
HOSPITAL BUSINESS MANAGER
- Managed all business, financial, and technology aspects of a full service, 24-hour veterinary medical facility.
- Grew revenues over 25% while reining in costs, utilizing a veterinary staff of 20 and an ancillary staff of more than 80.
- Rewrote corporate website, in HTML, for more targeted marketing.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGER
- Performed product management for web-based CRM software applications targeted at Fortune 500 companies.
- Doubled product sales in one year and won Crossroads A-List award.
- Built product intranet portal, using HTML, to communicate with sales force.
SENIOR MARKETING PROGRAMS MANAGER, MOBILE COMPUTING GROUP
- Managed development and execution of mobile sessions at the Intel Developer’s Forum conference, sessions were rated 3rd best of 16.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ANALYST
- Managed team of five consultants on $13M telecom billing software project.
- Coordinated multiple software product requirements designs.
- Implemented acceptance tests with client.
- Ensured projects executed on schedule, leading to follow-on projects.
- Debugged code and closed issues that arose during development.
- Led Swiss office initiative to obtain ISO 9001 certification.
- Taught self COBOL to fill-in as needed on software development team.
- Designed and programmed new features and maintained existing code for U.S. Army and the Department of Defense, using Visual Basic, C, C++, and SQL.
- Wrote library code for common functions.
- Rewrote system architecture to be faster and more flexible.
- Eclipse, Atom